Cold Buggin'

Dr. Teets and His Team Study Unique Antarctic Insects.

Read More
Midges in Antartica

Fight The Bite!

Learn more about Zika and mosquitoes in Kentucky.

Read More

Drone vs. Pest

Entomologists use drones to scan for tree-killing beetles.

Read More
Photo: Matt Barton


Round 'Em Up! Invasive Longhorned Beetles are at the border.

Read More

New Species

Dr. Lenhart's grasshopper study finds new records for the state.

Read More
Melanoplus eurycercus


Zika Website: Current Info For Kentuckians

Entomology News

  • June 21, 2018

    Congratulations to UK entomology profressor Dr. Jen White and former post-doc Dr. Paul Lenhart! Their research on lady beetles and aphids was recently featured in the New York Times. Read the article here.

  • May 22, 2018

    It's tick season in Kentucky. Dr. Lee Townsend (UK Extension Entomology) and Katie Pratt (UK Ag Communications) share the best ways to prevent tick bites in this May 21, 2018, article.

  • May 8, 2018

    Congratulations to our May 2018 graduates from the University of Kentucky Department of Entomology! Receiving degrees at this year's commencement were Bernadette Mach (PhD), Amanda Skidmore (PhD), Dave Olson (MS), June "Sunny" Yoon (PhD), and Sarah Meierotto (PhD).

    Grads 2018

                                        More News